Lebanon Ready for Comeback at World Travel Market in London
Lebanon is returning to World Travel Market at ExCeL London, slated from November 6 to 9, this year with a stand that will be twice as large as last year’s and with a stronger delegation.
“The strength of the country’s presence at ExCeL London underlines the tourism authority’s determination to win back the confidence of international travelers following the month-long conflict this summer,” said Fiona Jeffery, managing director of World Travel Market.
According to one of the key organizers of Lebanon’s World Travel Market delegation, there was very little hesitation over the decision to carry on with plans to exhibit.
“We had booked before the conflict started but during the war everything was put on hold,” said Amine Nasser, general manager of leading Lebanese tour operator Saad Tours, which is handling the logistics of the country’s World Travel Market plans.
Tourism Minister Joseph Sarkis, accompanied by the Lebanon Ministry of Tourism’s director-general, Nada Sardouk, will head the Lebanon delegation, which will include tour operators such as Saad Tours, Sogetour and Kurban Tours along with a strong presence from hotels.
Lebanon reeled in close to one million foreign visitors last year, with Germany France, the UK and Switzerland among the top European performers. And while Mr. Nasser does not believe that foreign tourism arrivals this year will reach last year’s total, he said he believes it will not be far short.